Massanutten 2022-23
6 posts
2 users
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
5 days ago
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
2,871 posts

Guess it's time for a Massanutten thread for 2022-23.  They have decided to open on Friday, Nov. 25.  Will only be the greens, teaching area, and Lower Showtime.  Plus tubing.  I took the pictures of Southern Comfort on Nov. 21.

1669168719_afwdaabphstq.jpg

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
5 days ago
2,871 posts

Massanutten has a drawing in progress for a season pass.  Deadline is Dec. 2 to enter.

Enter to win your FREE 2022-2023 Ski Season Lift ticket!

Season pass prices go up one more time after Dec. 10.  The pass options haven't changed.  Also can get an Indy Pass as an Add-on for $219, about $200 less than Full Indy (no blackout dates).  Bryce, Canaan Valley, Blue Knob, and Montage are also on Indy.

wgo
5 days ago (edited 5 days ago)
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,477 posts

Marz - did you see that on the updated trail map the new Ridgecrest trail (connecting upper paradice with mass transit) is now shown, for the current season? I knew they were planning on this trail, but I thought it was for next season. This is in addition to the new trails Mueller's Mile and Slot.

1669223984_clojcndmilhy.jpg

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
5 days ago (edited 5 days ago)
2,871 posts

wgo wrote:

Marz - did you see that on the updated trail map the new Ridgecrest trail (connecting upper paradice with mass transit) is now shown, for the current season? I knew they were planning on this trail, but I thought it was for next season. This is in addition to the new trails Mueller's Mile and Slot.

You are correct.  The original plan didn't have Ridgecrest done for 2022-23.  Guess the clearing when better than expected.  Or they were simply cautious from the start about promising too much.  All the senior managers at Massanutten have been working there for decades.  They have clear memories of how long it took to get the ski school building finished.  That was a full year behind schedule because of unforeseen issues early in the construction phase.

Paradice and DJ added to the trail count too since they now have Upper and Lower sections.  Going to be amazing after the high speed quad is installed for 2023-24.

Getting the long blue off the top was the top priority.  Clearing for Mueller's Mile started long before the 2021-22 season was over.  It's named for the man in charge of the project who has been the Mountain Manager for a long time.

MOLDING A MOUNTAIN, Massanutten Resort building new slopes for guests - March 2022

wgo
5 days ago
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,477 posts
Upper Paradice - Ridgecrest - Mass Transit - Yee ha could be a fun intermediate combo.
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
4 days ago
2,871 posts

wgo wrote:

Upper Paradice - Ridgecrest - Mass Transit - Yee ha could be a fun intermediate combo.

Hopefully most of the intermediates won't figure that out this MLK weekend.  I'll be there with my friend's tween per usual.  She started skiing Paradice last season.  Hoping there still won't be a lift line for the Peak lift since it doesn't become a high-speed lift until the 2023-24 season.

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?