Timberline 2023-24 season pass price lowest before April 1
14 posts
10 users
2k+ views
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
11 months ago
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,231 posts

The lowest price for a Timberline 2023-24 season pass is in March.  Prices go after April 1. 

Email on March 29, 2023:

This season may have just come to a close, but it's already time to start thinking about next season! All season passes are 40% off for the 2023/2024 winter season. This best price is only available through April 1st, 2023!

Purchasing online is the easiest way to buy your 2023/2024 season pass, but our staff is here to help! Give us a call during Monday-Thursday office hours 9:00am-3:00pm with any questions!
bryantfsu93
11 months ago
Member since 01/29/2021 🔗
17 posts

Got mine, even in a crummy season I was able to get in 11 or 12 days at Timberline this year, mostly on weekends. 

snapdragon
11 months ago
Member since 01/27/2015 🔗
336 posts
scored...can't wait to board...yew!
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
11 months ago
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
923 posts
That would be sort of tempting since I am turning 60 later this year -- wonder when I am eligible ???  hmmm
snapdragon
11 months ago
Member since 01/27/2015 🔗
336 posts
drop the coin...you won't regret
Rickh
11 months ago
Member since 12/2/2004 🔗
165 posts
I turned 60 in November, I bought this passed seasons pass last March and received the age 60 discount then since I was going to be 60 by the start of the season.
Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
11 months ago
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,579 posts


 I'll miss the cut off by 6 weeks. That Silver Pass for 199 really caught my attention. 

Rickh wrote:

I turned 60 in November, I bought this passed seasons pass last March and received the age 60 discount then since I was going to be 60 by the start of the season.
snapdragon
11 months ago
Member since 01/27/2015 🔗
336 posts
always go for the gold...snow picks the day...you don't
Dean
11 months ago
Member since 12/8/2022 🔗
6 posts
What were folks experience with weekend crowding this season?

I did the full pass this year & have the luxury to ski during the week when I want. I did 1 peak day between Christmas and New Year -- the crowds turned me off to even considering weekends.

So deciding if I should be a cheapskate & do weekdays only (leaning that way).
KTMan
11 months ago
Member since 02/13/2023 🔗
11 posts


 I only went to timberline once this season, and it was just a couple weeks ago but I could almost walk right onto the lift both Saturday and Sunday.  They had just gotten fresh snow that week as well, but many more casual skiiers had already hung it up for the season at that point.

Dean wrote:

What were folks experience with weekend crowding this season?

I did the full pass this year & have the luxury to ski during the week when I want. I did 1 peak day between Christmas and New Year -- the crowds turned me off to even considering weekends.

So deciding if I should be a cheapskate & do weekdays only (leaning that way).
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
11 months ago
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,984 posts

We skied many weekends this season. Between 1 January and the end of February, Saturdays are pretty bad. We typically just ski from 9-10, and 3-4:30 on those days. Sundays are definitely better but they can also be crowded. Even Fridays can be busy but I don't remember ever seeing bad lines on Friday. However, 10-20 minute lines on Saturday were normal. 6 runs per hour is an easy target mid-week. That number shrinks to 3 on Saturdays and 4-5 on Sundays.

skidturns0nly
11 months ago
Member since 04/2/2023 🔗
1 posts
I picked up a Gold Pass right before the price hike, with the intention of making most of my visits mid-week or Sun-Tues. Has anyone tried staying in Elkins for a multi-day trip? I know it's ~35 mi away but I have a fuel-efficient ride and the motel and VRBO rates seem significantly lower.
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
11 months ago
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,231 posts

skidturns0nly wrote:

I picked up a Gold Pass right before the price hike, with the intention of making most of my visits mid-week or Sun-Tues. Has anyone tried staying in Elkins for a multi-day trip? I know it's ~35 mi away but I have a fuel-efficient ride and the motel and VRBO rates seem significantly lower.

 Looks like an hour drive even with clear roads.  Could be 90 min when it's snowing or there is snow on the road.  Not sure it would be worth the savings.

I've stayed 30-40 minutes away from a mountain many times in the east and the west, but wouldn't plan for that idea in advance for Timberline given the realities of WV roads during the winter.  Probably because my first trip to Snowshoe 15 years ago involved snowy driving conditions that I wouldn't care to repeat.

snapdragon
11 months ago
Member since 01/27/2015 🔗
336 posts
there were plenty of cvr season pass holders that lived in elkins and rolled up sat/sun all winter...just git you sum chains and let those wvdot boys do their job...and they do a damn fine job too...eventually you'll rent a room in davis or thomas or the valley all winter...ski bum 101

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?

Join the conversation by logging in.

Don't have an account? Create one here.

0.15 seconds