Jeremy Nobis dead in a frikin' Utah jail
5 posts
4 users
1k+ views
Crush
April 21, 2023
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts

I can't believe it or maybe I can - I got busted for the same thing. I remember stitting next to him at the bar in O' Shuck on main street totally normal and awesome guy. He shall be missed.

Nobis found dead in Cedar City Jail

Leo
April 21, 2023
Member since 11/15/2005 🔗
356 posts
I don't begrudge anyone who has demons like that, and RIP....but he had multiple DUIs in multiple states.  At some point that's not awesome and not admirable, at all.  For whatever reason there seems to be that type that can't gracefully exit the limelight and ends up with a wreck of a life including substance abuse.    
Crush
April 21, 2023
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts

Ahem - that wasn't the reply I was looking for

Leo wrote:

I don't begrudge anyone who has demons like that, and RIP....but he had multiple DUIs in multiple states.  At some point that's not awesome and not admirable, at all.  For whatever reason there seems to be that type that can't gracefully exit the limelight and ends up with a wreck of a life including substance abuse.    
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
April 24, 2023
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts
Crush - thanks for the notice.  Always sad when anyone meets such an ending,.  Love those videos of him skiing high Alaska peaks.  Let's always remember the good times. 
JimK - DCSki Columnist
April 26, 2023
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts

Tragic and sad.  Would you believe I spent the night in a motel in Cedar City on the day that he died?  Was traveling to San Diego for wedding of youngest daughter. 

Believe Jeremy had long term substance abuse problem.  Shame that is got so bad as to bring him down.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.