Snow Ridge
5 posts
2 users
1k+ views
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
9 months ago
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
Found this after some searching.  I loved this place although I’ve only been a few times and didn’t know it existed until about 15 years ago.  I love powder and they almost always had it from the Tug Hill plateau and lake effect.  It’s also remote, cheap, uncrowded.  I hope they can survive

https://opensnow.com/news/post/tornado-hits-snow-ridge-ski-resort-in-upstate-new-york
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
9 months ago
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,255 posts

Here's a local news story about the tornado and the damage.  Includes video.

Snow Ridge Ski Resort lifts destroyed following EF3 tornado - August 9, 2023

For further discussion, check out the thread on NYSkiBlog.

Snow Ridge Tornado

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
9 months ago
3,255 posts

A GoFundMe fundraiser has been set up for people interested in helping out Snow Ridge with dollars.  Tree removal costs will not be covered by insurance.  That is the priority for the fundraising effort.  Removing trees must be completed before lift repairs can start.

Raise the Ridge!

A volunteer clean up day has been scheduled for August 26, 2023.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
9 months ago
3,255 posts

For a comprehensive report about the damage and what is happening to help get Snow Ridge operational in some way for the 2023-24 season, check out the NYSkiBlog article.

Rebuilding Snow Ridge - August 15, 2023

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
9 months ago
3,255 posts

Latest update from Snow Ridge on August 17 on their Facebook page.

"We do have an update for everyone; Little Mtn chair has been fully cleared and damage is being assessed. North chair is currently being cleared and seems to show some of the greatest damage, with some towers being shifted out of alignment and multiple sheave deropements. We are hopeful but unsure if North chair will open this season. Ridge Runner and Snow Pocket will be next and we will keep everyone updated as we assess more. "

Volunteers who show up for the work day on August 26 will be helping to move debris, including logs and limbs that will be cut by experienced woodsmen with chainsaws. Wood will be burned or chipped later on.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.