Big Sky = Big Money
6 posts
5 users
Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
3 months ago (edited 3 months ago)
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,581 posts

Our ski gang is heading to Big Sky in February. Most of us have the Ikon Base Pass that allows for up to 4 days of skiing at Big Sky. We plan to ski 3 days.

One guy in our group lives in Dallas and joins us each year. Look at the price for a 3 day pass. Holy Smokes.

1704921565_yicrhedqwlpj.jpg

bob
3 months ago
Member since 04/15/2008 🔗
755 posts

It could be worse.

A few areas were selling $299/day lift tickets over Christmas /  New Years.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
3 months ago
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,250 posts

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

Our ski gang is heading to Big Sky in February. Most of us have the Ikon Base Pass that allows for up to 4 days of skiing at Big Sky. We plan to ski 3 days.

Not that it matters for your trip but Ikon Base is 5 days.  Ikon also had a 4-day Session Pass.  I trust you have made Ikon reservations.

The increased cost that I've noticed is for lodging anywhere near Big Sky.  I'm headed there again in March.  A bit sooner than usual partially because a friend who was supposed to be on the Big Sky trip last year had to cancel due to injury.  Plus I want to see, and hopefully ride, the new tram.  We'll ski Big Sky 5 days and then I and one ski buddy will ski Bridger for a couple days.

I always combine Big Sky with Bridger.  2000 acres of fun for a much more reasonable day ticket, especially for seniors.

Bonzski
3 months ago
Member since 10/21/2015 🔗
652 posts
PSA - the new Tram is pay ($10-$30) per RIDE! Ikon pass doesn't matter.
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
3 months ago
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,250 posts

Bonzski wrote:

PSA - the new Tram is pay ($10-$30) per RIDE! Ikon pass doesn't matter.

That beats the $70-100 for tram access for a day the last couple seasons.  Didn't matter if you only did one ride/lap.  That's why I didn't bother.

Grumpy dad
3 months ago
Member since 11/7/2021 🔗
144 posts

I prefer Whitefish although Big Sky wins for many other non skiing related things. 

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

One guy in our group lives in Dallas and joins us each year. Look at the price for a 3 day pass. Holy Smokes.

1704921565_yicrhedqwlpj.jpg

DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?