Black bear Inn suites
10 posts
5 users
1k+ views
wgo
3 months ago
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
Anyone stay in one of the suites at the black bear Inn? Any reviews?
eggraid
3 months ago
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts
Which resort is that?
yellowsnow
3 months ago
Member since 12/15/2005 🔗
289 posts
Canaan Valley and Timberline Mountain.
wgo
3 months ago
1,666 posts
Sporttracski
2 months ago (edited 2 months ago)
Member since 03/3/2023 🔗
13 posts

I have, two times (two different suites, one rented through Airbnb and the other through Black Bear directly).

The rooms have a great view of the valley and ski areas. Each suite has a fireplace, which is a nice feature. Each suite is different, especially in terms of the mini kitchen set up, so I would definitely look carefully at the details/pictures of the exact suite you’re thinking of staying at before booking. Both of the suites I booked were clean and well maintained.

My experience with both of the suites I’ve stayed in has been positive, with one major downside: the water pressure of the tub/shower is weak. I think this is an issue all suites in the inn have. I’m not sure if the other houses in the Black Bear community also have this same issue. I’m a bit picky so the weak water pressure does bother me. If you’re okay with weak water pressure then I would recommend the suites at the inn at Black Bear Resort. Otherwise, Black Bear Resort seems to be well run and I would recommend booking a suite or a standalone house/cabin there for a stay. 

Hope this helps!

wgo
2 months ago
1,666 posts
That helps! We had actually already booked a suite for Feb 9 and 10.
Sporttracski
2 months ago (edited 2 months ago)
Member since 03/3/2023 🔗
13 posts

Hope you’ll have a good time!

If you’ve never been there before, just wanted to warn you that the main road entering Black Bear Resort is very steep when you enter and exit from Route 32. I would be cautious if entering the resort at night. Exiting the resort from Resort Dr (even without snow) we usually had to put the car into 4wd to get the vehicle over the last part of the Resort Drive and back onto Route 32. I think there might be a “back way” in and out of Black Bear on Courtland Road that avoids the steep incline but am not 100% certain. Once onto Resort Drive from Route 32 you should be fine in any car, it’s just the very short bit at the entrance and exit that is super steep.

nickhaas212
2 months ago
Member since 11/13/2019 🔗
68 posts
My wife and I have stayed here with our dog about 2-3 times every winter for the last 5 years. We typically stay between 3-5 days each time and love it. All the units are nice and recently renovated and offer great views. Cortland Rd. is pretty steep but you can also get into Blackbear by taking the road next to Deerfield.
wgo
2 months ago
1,666 posts

Good tip! Thank you.

nickhaas212 wrote:

Cortland Rd. is pretty steep but you can also get into Blackbear by taking the road next to Deerfield.
yellowsnow
2 months ago
Member since 12/15/2005 🔗
289 posts
To get to the slopes, exit Black Bear and turn LEFT on Cortland then right on Bensland.  That brings you out on 32 right at the Fire Department.  Left on 32 to the slopes.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.