Wintergreen offers unlimited season pass to everyone for 2024-25
5 posts
4 users
1k+ views
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
17 days ago
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,247 posts

PGRI has made a significant shift for people who aren't in the Wintergreen Club and are interested in a Wintergreen season pass for 2024-25.  Anyone can buy an unlimited season pass.  In the past, only Wintergreen Club members could get a season pass that included Saturdays from 9am-4pm.  People 75 years and older can get a pass for a small processing fee.  Passes bought after March get 4 Buddy Passes good for an 8-hour ticket if the pass holder brings a friend.  Passholders get unlimited access to Wisp and 5 days at Jay, also access to other PGRI resorts that probably aren't of as much interest to folks who live near Wintergreen.

https://www.wintergreenresort.com/season-passes/

1712963533_wzdhjmnvgeak.jpg

bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
2 days ago
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
779 posts

And another shift for the Pacific-Group-owned MidAtlantic ski areas:

both Wisp and Wintergreen are on the 2024-2025 Indypass 👍 👍 

See you there ... and at Timberline and Massanutten.

Woody

padjaski68
2 days ago
Member since 01/21/2016 🔗
96 posts

I almost pulled the trigger on it with hopes of getting a trip in at Jay Peak in the process.  I opted for Timberline and Canaan Valley instead. Opted out of the Epic Pass, the cost is is no longer justified due to conditions and late openings in the Mid-Atlantic region the past couple of years. No true improvements except JFBB. 

Wisp has been improving the snowmaking the past couple of years, which had me thinking about their pass.  Has there been any improvements at Wintergreen, or is Pacific Group still assessing their options there?

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
yesterday
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,247 posts

padjaski68 wrote:

Wisp has been improving the snowmaking the past couple of years, which had me thinking about their pass.  Has there been any improvements at Wintergreen, or is Pacific Group still assessing their options there?

I haven't skied at Wintergreen for quite a while.  From what I was reading, the snowmaking there wasn't improved much, if at all, by the previous owner or PGRI.  PGRI took over in 2021.  W'green opened Dec. 15, 2023, but Highlands didn't open until mid-January.  Never opened 100% during 2023-24 season . . . based on reports from SkiSE Discord users.

Fair to say Massanutten has moved ahead of W'green when it comes to snowmaking infrastructure.

The19thHole
yesterday
Member since 06/29/2015 🔗
86 posts
For the first time in 20 years, I have decided to give up on Wintergreen in favor of passes elsewhere. Granted it's been warm, but conditions at Wintergreen the past few years were the worst I have ever seen. It's like they aren't even trying. The difference this past season between Wintergreen and Massanutten was night and day and really exposed PGR's lack of expertise. Massanutten's investment in new trails, new summit lift, and snowmaking is impressive and has transformed the place.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?