April 5, 2000
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
Just a reminder.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
May 9, 2000
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
Me and 3 of my kids and about 75,000 others completed the Bay Bridge walk on Sunday. It was my first time. A friend invited me. I'm just a casual hiker, mostly in quiet forest enviroments. I tried to enjoy myself, I wanted to enjoy myself, but the temperature (90deg+) and windless conditions on a hardtop surface was too hot for me to really enjoy, like a 5 mile walk in July along Rt 1 at Ocean City, but never being allowed to detour to the water to jump in and cool off. Worse though, the experience involves dealing with a mass of humanity and surviving a big exercise in people moving logistics. Cynical thought: Not that I'm Mr Fitness, but I noticed a lot of VERY unfit people out there and my suspicion was that they do this bit of exercise once a year to ready their conscience for another 12 months as a couch potato?? Will I try it again? Not likely. I'm sure it would have been a little nicer on a cool day, but still too crowded for me, like walking thru the interior of Tyson's Corner Mall for two hours on the Saturday before Christmas! Sorry for the depressing imagery.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?