Question on Bindings
4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
(Anonymous)
January 14, 2002
I have a quick question about my bindings. While I was at Whitetail yesterday, I cracked the glass that covers the DIN settings on my bindings. Should I worry about this?

I imagine that it will make it easier for moisture to get inside and rust out the innards, but I was planning on replacing the skis and bindings before next season anyway. Will I be okay skiing on them the rest of this season? (I couldn't think of a reason, but I want to be on the safe side.)

Thanks in advance.

Brent Yacobucci

twin58
January 15, 2002
Member since 04/1/2000 🔗
198 posts
>>
I have a quick question about my bindings. While I was at Whitetail yesterday, I cracked the glass that covers the DIN settings on my bindings. Should I worry about this?
<<

Send them to me immediately. :-)

That material is not glass; it's plastic. This is why they invented duct tape. Cover the opening with duct tape to keep out the snow and keep using them. Don't worry.

Rich
January 15, 2002
Member since 11/30/2000 🔗
194 posts
Lost one of mine last year. Go to any large reputable repair shop. If yours are not too old, they'll probably have a box of loose ones and have one to match. I did that...no charge. You'll have even better luck going back to where you bought them if you can. Simply a crack you could glue.
dtqjr
January 15, 2002
Member since 12/5/2001 🔗
15 posts
If the ski shop suggestion doesn't pan out, try contacting the binding manufacturer. I lost a cover off a Marker a couple of years ago and with a phone call, they provided me with new covers.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.