mystic mt
6 posts
6 users
2k+ views
imp - DCSki Supporter 
February 13, 2012
Member since 01/11/2007 🔗
299 posts
the ski lodge at mystic burned to the ground last night, I feared this would cause the closing of another small area but the management hopes to operate thhis coming weekend out of other buildings and tents, I wish them the best

imp
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
February 13, 2012
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
Marcus and I drove right by coming home from T-line just about an hour before it went up. I never skied there but it is always sad to hear of things like this. I'm sure there are more than a few folks who have that emotional connection called 'my home hill' and are now fretting the future.
langleyskier
February 13, 2012
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
February 14, 2012
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,576 posts
I never skied there but I did go into the ski lodge and had beer at the bar. I remember the place had a lot of character and a great view of the slopes. It was a special place and if I remember correctly, they had these carved bar stools. The ski areahas not been able to compete with the likes of Wisp and 7Springs and is now only open on weekends. I was going to ski there one day just so I could say I skied there, but...

It worries me that the Laurel Mt ski lodge sits there unprotected, vandalized and open to a similar fate.
GGNagy
February 14, 2012
Member since 01/5/2006 🔗
504 posts
I skied there once to get the "credit" and have been to the lodge a few times. Not a place to ski for anyone but super beginners, but that was a beautiful small lodge inside. It is a real shame. The good news is, the owners have an inside line on getting construction materials, and I imagine it will be an upgrade just like each of Joe H's wives.
mikev
February 20, 2012
Member since 02/7/2011 🔗
9 posts
Wow, if I'm looking at the right picture on the DCSKI resorts section, "ski lodge" doesn't do that place justice. FANCY! That's a shame.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?