Timberline
3 posts
2 users
1k+ views
(Anonymous)
March 2, 2000
I was at Timberline yesterday, as all the Pittsburgh-area resorts are closed or suffering (I'm from Ligonier, PA). I found a LOT of snow. Of course, it's pretty wet, but the base is still several feet in spots, especially at the higher elevations.

Just thought you all might like to know.

Drew

PS: Contrary to the profile on this site, Timberline now has a terrain park. It's been installed on Lower Dew Drop, changing the formerly blue trail to black.

JimK - DCSki Columnist
March 3, 2000
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
All the areas in our part of the country were doing great from mid-Jan to mid-Feb, but it seems especially noticable this year that W Va will own the decent early and late snow conditions. I saw that Blue Knob, Pa actually had to close mon-thurs this week due to the late Feb melt down. Has Seven Springs lost a bunch of trails in the last few weeks?
(Anonymous)
March 6, 2000
I don't know about Seven Springs, but Hidden Valley, Laurel Mountain, and Blue Knob were all closed last week due to the weather. All claim decent bases, but little pesky problems like no snow on the way to the chairlifts closed them.

On the other hand, conditions were OK (not excellent) for snowmaking Thurs & Friday nites, and I skied great snow at Laurel on Saturday morning. Lower Wildcat was perfect!

Drew

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.