Wisp? This Weekend?
6 posts
3 users
1k+ views
(Anonymous)
March 7, 2001
Has anyone been to Wisp? I'm new to the sport and having fun trying all the local spots. Like Roundtop, Whitetail & Massanutten. (LOVE WV when there's enough time).

Recently advanced to intermediate, just bought equipment and wanting to learn as much as I can before the season ends around here!

Where are folks heading this weekend???

twin58
March 7, 2001
Member since 04/1/2000 🔗
198 posts
Free advice. If you do go to Wisp, get your ticket in advance at a local grocery store. I've never been to Wisp, but I've heard you can do this and save a few bucks.
(Anonymous)
March 8, 2001
If you are going that far, just keep going a little further north and hit Seven Springs. It is much nicer than wisp and has excellent intermediate trails.
Roy
March 9, 2001
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
I just went to Wisp on Wednesday. Conditions were good but without the recent snow, they should have been closing down. From DC, it's not worth the drive. There's only 600 vertical. Go to 7 Springs or even Blue Knob.

Also, if your going that way, every Wednesday is McDonald's day. Go get a value meal and you'll get a coupon for an $8 lift ticket (wish I had known that before).

(Anonymous)
March 9, 2001
Thanks for the input!

Think we will head out to either Massanutten or Liberty. Mainly b/c early in the season (when I was a mere fledgling flailing all over the mountain on my rentals) they both kicked my butt (esp. upper Rebel Yell). Now that I am armed w/ new equipment & a bit of experience & confidence, I want to go back and redeem myself!!! Not enough time to travel out to Blue Knob or WV where I would really like to go. Oh well - have fun!!!

twin58
March 9, 2001
Member since 04/1/2000 🔗
198 posts
The people who run Liberty wildly overestimate the conditions there. Massanutten now has $20 weekday and $25 weekend rates in effect.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?