Snowshoe Mtn to open Friday Nov 27th
5 posts
4 users
1k+ views
juice_serum
November 19, 2002
Member since 11/19/2002 🔗
2 posts
Dudes check this out one of my favorite mountains is opening for skiing/riding Nov 27nd. Due to the fact that there elevation is almost 4900 feet they have plenty of snow and great snowmaking. For you snowboarders and twin tip skiers a jib park on will be open on opening day with 7 new rails (pictures are on ride.snowshoemtn.com). Check out the website and see for yourself the awesome snowmaking and great deals at www.showshoemtn.com

Brian Clarke
Showshoe Street Team

Scott - DCSki Editor
November 19, 2002
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Just so no one's confused, one clarifying note: Snowshoe is planning to open on Nov. 27, which is a Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving. (The subject said Snowshoe would open Friday Nov. 27, but the 27th is a Wednesday.)

[This message has been edited by Scott (edited 11-19-2002).]

johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
November 19, 2002
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
This was a wise and prudent move. With the exception of a few fanatics like me, I doubt many people actually planned to ski Snowshoe this weekend. The resort better serves its customers by focusing on getting as much terrain open as possible by Thanksgiving--a much bigger weekend at the resort.

I remember spending last Thanksgiving at Timberline. When a warm rain commenced, some people came out to their balconies and started yelling, "this sucks." Thus far, this year appears much more promising.

ski_guy_59
November 19, 2002
Member since 11/9/2001 🔗
221 posts
I must agree, its a smart move! the guy posted www.showshoemtn.com. One of the gals over at the RSN forum pointed out that its the wrong link, and she said it froze her computer...for whatever reason it might be. THINK MORE SNOW!!!! It's neat to see sugar open, but I think that they would have learned after a while that only having one slope open and claiming an earlier opening isn't as good as waiting a bit to get more open. oh well!
ski_guy_59
November 20, 2002
Member since 11/9/2001 🔗
221 posts
Last post was a little negative, didnt mean it to sound that way. THINK MORE SNOW!!!
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?