Timberline and Canaan - wonderful conditions
2 posts
2 users
1k+ views
MitchH
March 10, 2002
Member since 03/29/2004 🔗
41 posts
For all you people out there who think local skiing is over, this is just to let you know I skied at the Canaan Valley resorts this past weekend and they are both in good shape and have ample bases to last another few weeks. I went to Canaan on Saturday; they have all slopes they make snow on open and had wonderful soft, spring skiing conditions and no crowds. Timberline on Sunday was even better; they did an excellent job grooming after it got cold Saturday night and there were so few skiers that the slopes stayed nice for the entire day. No lift lines at Timberline on a Sunday, it was my most fun day of local downhill skiing all year. My only complaint is that they never tried to open their double black diamonds this year (but we have discussed elsewhere their management problems). I think the cold windy weather may have kept people away on Sunday, but I was happy to experience some real winter weather for a change.

Canaan Resort, by the way, is only charging $22 for a lift ticket for the rest of the season, and I think Timberline starts discounting their tickets next weekend. Timberline is currently planning to stay open till April 7. Support spring skiing at your local resorts!

johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
March 10, 2002
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,987 posts
Thanks Mitch. I'm hoping to head up there soon.....

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.