Who's gonna rip shit up this weekend? Where?
8 posts
6 users
1k+ views
chuck_wow
February 16, 2023
Member since 01/14/2023 🔗
54 posts
What's the weekend plan? Slopes? Beach? 
padjaski68
February 16, 2023
Member since 01/21/2016 🔗
95 posts
Hitting HV and LM Saturday and 7S on Sunday. 
chuck_wow
February 16, 2023
Member since 01/14/2023 🔗
54 posts
Hell yeah get it
fosphenytoin - DCSki Supporter 
February 16, 2023
Member since 12/20/2017 🔗
169 posts

Nowhere.  Canceled my Elk trip because it is not justified to drive 4+ hours with limited terrain open. 

Not feeling motivated to go to Snowshoe even I have an Ikon.  I found the crowds at Snowshoe intimidating.  

Don't want to pay for a lift ticket to ski local PA hills.  Even though I have 50% off ticket price since friend has epic employee discount.  I pay less ski out west with Ikon.  

Likely I will be home working on my taxes, practicing piano and study. 

rbrtlav
February 16, 2023
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

fosphenytoin wrote:

Not feeling motivated to go to Snowshoe even I have an Ikon.  I found the crowds at Snowshoe intimidating.  

If you have reasonable lodging options snowshoe crowds are predictable and when crowded use the bus to navigate a bit. 

Ballhooter: 9-9:30

Soaring Eagle 9:30-10:30/11ish

early lunch at TOW or pack lunch

take bus to western for a bit and then get back on the bus for silver creek after western and ski silver creek until you are done. 

We’ve done this on sold out weekends and pretty much never waited more than 5-10 mins for a lift.

fosphenytoin - DCSki Supporter 
February 16, 2023
Member since 12/20/2017 🔗
169 posts

rbrtlav wrote:

fosphenytoin wrote:

If you have reasonable lodging options snowshoe crowds are predictable and when crowded use the bus to navigate a bit. 

Ballhooter: 9-9:30

Soaring Eagle 9:30-10:30/11ish

early lunch at TOW or pack lunch

take bus to western for a bit and then get back on the bus for silver creek after western and ski silver creek until you are done. 

We’ve done this on sold out weekends and pretty much never waited more than 5-10 mins for a lift.

I usually stay at Elkins.  Never stayed in Marliton, no more availability this weekend per Hotels.com.  

If I go, how early I need to leave on Sat. from NoVA?  I don't have to ski that day. 

What will be a reasonable time to leave on Monday from Snowshoe?  How bad will be the traffic to NoVA?

camp
February 17, 2023
Member since 01/30/2005 🔗
660 posts

chuck_wow wrote:

What's the weekend plan? Slopes? Beach? 

I'll be based at HV all weekend, and will probably try to get to Laurel Sat morning

oddballstocks
February 17, 2023
Member since 02/11/2017 🔗
123 posts

We'll be hitting up Seven Springs on Monday, weekend is out due to a baseketball tourney (we'll thankfully avoid the crowds).

Mid-A is bad, but my brother sent me a picture of the NY resorts.....yikes!  It looks like 4-6in of base at the absolute most, mostly a layer of ice on some dirt.  I'm frustrated at our local hills, but they are much better than W NY and they have a chance of lasting a few more weeks.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?