Whoa! US Womens Mogul gets a 1-2 finish
15 posts
6 users
1k+ views
Crush
2 months ago (edited 2 months ago)
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts

Deer Valley! Yessss! Man I sure wish I could absorb like this. So wicked.

Awesome Deer Valley Bump Run

wgo
2 months ago
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
Between those 2, plus Hannah Soar, and Mikaela in Alpine, and Jessie Diggins and Rosie Brennan in XC, the US women are having an outstanding snowsports season.
Crush
1,271 posts

Thanks fam for this input - insane skillsets, totally dank/lit/CEO !!!!! 💯

wgo wrote:

Between those 2, plus Hannah Soar, and Mikaela in Alpine, and Jessie Diggins and Rosie Brennan in XC, the US women are having an outstanding snowsports season.
wgo
2 months ago
1,666 posts
If you've never seen the last minute of the call for the Diggins/Randall gold medal in the 2018 olympics do yourself a favor and head over to youtube now!
Crush
2 months ago
1,271 posts

✅

wgo wrote:

If you've never seen the last minute of the call for the Diggins/Randall gold medal in the 2018 olympics do yourself a favor and head over to youtube now!
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
2 months ago
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
The US women have always done better than the men in World Cup and Olympic competition. 
SuicideSix
Member since 01/23/2022 🔗
24 posts

Mogul skiing gang at Liberty this weekend.  Lots of fun :)

1707150917_zvzmklkpqjct.jpgAbsorption

1707150929_xxuboxemqqzd.jpg

Slipping the mogul lines to make 'em smooth & fun to ski

Some folks in the gang had coaching from Olivia Giaccio this year, Hannah Soar in 2023 etc.  Happy to share mogul technique & coaching, come hang out with the gang & ski bumps any time if fun :)

cj68
2 months ago
Member since 03/17/2009 🔗
35 posts

Congrats to Jaelin, Olivia and Hannah. As SS mentioned, we have been lucky enough to ski with and be coached by some of these top athletes. And as I mentioned in the "Season" thread, Liberty is the local place for bumps hands down. Sorry for the blurry image, but you get the point.

1707247159_ixashnivactf.jpg

SuicideSix
2 months ago
Member since 01/23/2022 🔗
24 posts

Eastwind was groomed so we skied in a nice set of new mogul lines.  Should be good bump skiing this week & weekend :)

1707270379_qwhvmlmjjalr.jpg

Crush
2 months ago
1,271 posts
heya Six! Lookin' good with a tight package as always! It is so cool to train with a great coach. I love this thread and yeah I remember Liberty back in the day bumpin' total joy!
wgo
2 months ago
1,666 posts
Don't have anything to add apart from saying that this is good content.
cj68
2 months ago
35 posts

I was at Liberty yesterday and the pic SS posted of the build is now skied in. Some bare patches showing through, but the line is skiing nicely for the time being. I was telling one of our ski buddies yesterday about the days of skiing bumps in the early 90s. However, due to build quality, the bumps are much better today than they were back then. We've had some absolute killer builds. Of all the bumps I've skied, I probably laid down some of my best runs on the Upper Eastwind builds. We've been pretty fortunate over the years with some of the bump runs we've had locally. Years ago Round Top used to be great with multiple well build bump runs. But now we can build in a day and Liberty has been very cooperative.

Crush
1,271 posts

I always loved that feel when you lay it down like you could put a teacup on your head and you KNOW that was a great performance! I only had N numbers of time that happened for me N < 25 but it feels soooooo gooood ! I think it is true if you are a good bumper you can handle anything. I can't do it anymore I can't keep up the tempo but you get in there!!

So different from racing at the start house the bump comps for your run everybody going "yeah awesome!" So supportive! Man I miss it I remember at Liberty there were this two kids that had parents working there (I remember Radly [SP]) they used to call me "komakozie) B/C I'd ski the tops on my big-ass K2 TNCs the Hart 17's were way better. Anyway Nice! Glad you are hitting that!

cj68
2 months ago
35 posts
Yep, I used to ski bumps on 198cm Rossi 7S's back then. I'm now on a 171... lol. Shortest bump ski I've skied was the newer F17 Classic that was wider than a traditional bump ski, I skied that in a 167 before moving to the ID Ones. BTW, SS and I are both 55 and still trying to figure this whole thing out. Mogul skiing is a never ending chase and time ain't on our side, but it sure is a fun journey. The key for me was getting the right coaching from the right coaches.
Shotmaker
2 months ago
Member since 02/18/2014 🔗
180 posts

My everyday driver was a pair of Dynastar Vertical 207's wich served as my bump-powder-tree-piste skis back in the day. When I wanted to let em ride the Atomic Super G 215's with the Marker spring bindings & a 35m turning radius were the go to. 

I bent the Atomic skis on Dave's run between the tip and mid foot at Mammoth and Ski Challet in Arlington & Atomic did me right by replacing the ski free of charge. It was a soft warm day never expected the heavy ski to bend but it did. Great days on the straight skis not sure why I still see people on hand me downs especially when the bindings are non-indemnified. 

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?